If you are an Admin user, and you want to reset another user's password in BOLD, follow these steps:
- Click your user icon/picture; this opens the main menu.
- Click Utilities.
- Click User Accounts.
- Locate the user name whose password you would like to reset.
- Click the Edit Profile button, which is on the right-hand side. The User Profile screen will be displayed.
- Click the Reset Password Button.
For example, if you are logged in as an Admin user, and you follow these steps to reset the password of a recruiter named Rolando Ramirez, this is the screen you will see:
7. After you click Reset Password, a warning will appear, confirming that you want to proceed.
8. To continue, click the Reset Password button.
9. The user will receive an email with the title "Avionté Password Reset for [user name]". The email will have a "Reset your Password" button, as well as a reset link. Either will work equally well.
10. Tell the user whose password you reset to click the button, or the link, and a browser window will open on their computer with a prompt to enter a New Password, twice.
Note: When a reset password link is sent, the link is active for 24 hours.
If the user does not reset their password within 24 hours, a new link will have to be sent.
11. Tell the user to fill out both fields with their new password. As they are filling out the password, feedback will appear guiding them to create a strong password, that is, a password that is hard to guess or crack. The feedback will consist of prompts like the following:
- Insecure; Add another word or two. Uncommon words are better
- Bad; This is a very common password. ... Capitalization doesn't help very much
- Weak; This is similar to a commonly used password... Predictable substitutions like '@' instead of 'a' don't help very much
The user does not have to create a strong password to proceed, but strong passwords protect both individuals and organizations. Both password fields need to match.
12. When they do, tell the user to click Save and Login. A message will display on their computer, saying "Your password has been set!" The system will proceed to log in to Avionté and display the user's Dashboard.