Importing Time from File allows you to use a 3rd party time tracking software to import hours that your talent has worked so that you can pay and bill your customers.
You can use the provided default mapping file, or you can create a new mapping template that conforms to your 3rd party file specifications.
Important Information When Importing Time
- Your file must be in a CSV format when importing time.
- Make sure that each mapped field contains data in it.
- Existing information in Time Entry will be replaced with information from the Import Process.
- If you try to import Weekly Time and Daily Time for the same transaction, the Import Process will ignore the Weekly Time and import the Daily Time.
Where to Start
- Navigate to the Time Entry Open Tab.
- Click on Time Entry Actions
- Select Import Time from File from the dropdown.
Main Import Screen
- Mapping Drop Down
- Here you can select an existing mapping.
- Edit button
- Allows you to edit an existing mapping template.
- You can’t edit the sample mapping template that is standard.
- New button
- Opens the create new import window.
- Displays the supplier that you are on. This is to confirm that you are in the correct supplier that you would like to import the time.
- Accounting Period
- Displays the accounting period that you are on and will import into.
You can find the instructions and a blank template file when downloading the Sample CSV.
Creating New Imports
- Mapping Name: Name your mapping
- Choose File: Select a file to analyze
- After selecting a file to analyze you will get a screen with all your columns
- Match each column with the required data
- It is a requirement to map the following:
- Placement ID
- Pay Code
- Week Worked
- Units (at least 1)
- Pay & Bill Unit
- Pay Unit
- Bill Unit
- Daily (Sunday Hours, Monday Hours, Tuesday Hours…)
Note: It is ok to have multiple pay and bill fields mapped. If you have Pay & Bill, Pay or Bill, and Daily hours mapped the system will process time in the following order:
- Pay or Bill
- Pay & Bill
This means that if you have daily hours it will ignore any other time for that row. If you have provided Pay or Bill units it will ignore Pay & Bill for that row. If Daily hours, Pay, or Bill units aren’t present in your import file then it will use the Pay & Bill column.
Editing Existing Imports
Here you can modify existing imports if the file structure has changed.
- Click Choose File
- Select your file with the new layout
- Review your Column Names
- Map to Fields
- Click Save
Delete Existing Imports
If you have an import that you are no longer going to use you can delete it.
- Find the Import and click Edit.
- The Import File modal will open.
- You will see a Delete Mapping button
- Click the Delete Mapping
- Confirmation modal will appear.
- Click Delete Mapping on the modal.
- All good records will be imported.
- If a row is not correct it will be put into an error file.
- You will be able to download this error file for review.
- After you make the corrections necessary you will be able to upload the error file with the corrected records.
Import 2 records successfully. 2 transactions with errors were not imported and an error file was generated.
Review error file and make corrections
We’ve corrected the error file. Now we can import it.
We have successfully imported all our records.