This information and any links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Avionté of any of the products, services, or opinions of the corporation or organization, or individual. Avionté bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or content of the external site or for that of subsequent sites. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
At the end of September, Indeed will be switching its API’s authentication method from Basic Auth to OAuth 2.0, a more modern and secure authentication method. Following this change, Daxtra has updated the Indeed integration to make use of the new authentication method. This update will require customers who have a paid Indeed search account to generate their own Authorization Token and add it into the job board login section inside of Daxtra Search; or if you are a Job Board Web Services customer, you will need to include the API Key when executing a search call with Indeed. You will need to complete the steps below on or after September 28, 2021, to continue to search over Indeed.
|Change Log Date||Change Log Description|
Generate Indeed OAuth Token For Spotlight Search
- You will then be asked to grant Daxtra access to the Indeed API.
- Once access is granted, you will receive an Auth Token that will be used as the username inside of Spotlight Search (password can be blank).
- Copy (keyboard: CTRL+C) the password to your computer's clipboard (short-term memory).
Setup in AviontéBOLD
- Go to Spotlight search by logging on and navigating to Talent > Spotlight. The Spotlight search screen appears.
Image: Spotlight search with Indeed integration included
- Click the gear icon on the right-hand side (as shown above). The Resume Database Setup screen appears.
- Scroll down to Indeed.
- Paste the OAuth token into the User Name field.
- Click the Save changes button.
After this point, using a Password for Indeed is optional. Passwords are still required for other services that are not using OAuth authentication.