The revised I-9 released to BOLD clients requires a specific configuration to ensure proper completion by both the employee and employer.
The USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) made changes to the I-9, a summary of some notable changes is below. This list is not comprehensive, please reference the I-9 instructions found here: I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification (uscis.gov).
All employees must provide their current legal name, complete address, and date of birth. If other fields do not apply, the employee will leave them blank on the form.
Providing a 9-digit Social Security number in the Social Security number field is voluntary, unless the employer participates in E-Verify; it is important that you instruct the employee to fill out the SSN (Social Security Number), if this applies.
N/A is no longer required on the new I-9. The only N/A that remains is on A noncitizen (other than Item Numbers 2. and 3. above) authorized to work: you either enter the expiration date of the employees document or N/A.
We have added “Please select option below” in the fields that have multiple selections. As the employer, you must ensure the proper List A, B or C document is captured on the form by clicking on the drop down and selecting the appropriate document, and issuing authority and expiration date, if applicable.
A new box is listed on the I-9, as an alternative procedure for remote verification. Please refer to the USCIS website to determine if you are permitted to utilize this alternative procedure: Remote Examination of Documents (Optional Alternative Procedure to Physical Document Examination) | USCIS
- Log into the platform and follow this path: Account & Settings Icon > Utilities
- From the Utilities page, navigate to Talent Onboarding Tasks and open it
- Use the drop-down arrow for E-Signature Templates to expand the template library & scroll down to “Form I-9 (Rev 8-1-2023) V2”. Click it to open the template Properties & Permissions.
- Configure the revised Form I-9 settings by changing and selecting:
- Template Type = “I-9”
- I-9 with Preparer Template = “Form I-9 with Preparer (Rev 8-1-2023) V2”.
- Copy or manually Add Group Level Permissions using the dropdowns. Click Save to complete.
- Click the On/Off toggle to turn On the Form I-9 (Rev 8-1-2023 V2).