The mark-up field available when creating a job has, and updated, experience that is consistent throughout all of the areas we see and access this mark-up. For instance, when creating a job, updating a job in Job Details, logging a placement via the start flyout or editing a placement in Hired Details.
Using the updated mark-up field user experience includes:
- To use the mark-up field you will select the "apply" checkbox
- Once checked a mark-up value can be edited
- Enter your pay or bill rate and see the other value calculate
- Uncheck the mark-up "apply" box and see that pay/bill rates can be edited
Note: Even when the mark-up is not applied, Avionté will still calculate the mark-up as pay/bill rates are edited to ensure users can easily see the mark-up for the job.
Custom Overtime and Double time mark-ups
This feature is for organizations who negotiate specific overtime and double time mark-ups with companies. If this is something you practice, please talk to your account manager or submit a ticket to request the "Job Template Custom Markups" feature be activated in your environment.
This feature provides the ability to define these specific overtime and double time bill rate mark-ups as needed on your jobs or using Company > Requirements. This ultimately separates the bill rate mark-up from your defined overtime rule used to ensure compliant pay rates are calculated. Using custom mark-ups makes defining your pay and bill rates easy as all rates will be calculated for you simply based on your overtime rule and custom mark-ups.
How it works
This setup can be completed using your Custom Job Order Template, located in the Company > Requirements area. Or if Requirements Groups are not being used, this is also available on the Create Job function as well.
Custom Job Order Templates
- When creating a new custom job order template set the template's overtime to "Paid and Billed" or "Paid not Billed". This ensures your overtime and double time rate fields will display.
- Select your overtime rule.
- Select the "Custom Rates" checkbox.
- Select the "apply" checkbox for the overtime and double time mark-up fields and enter your custom mark-ups.
- If you enter regular pay and bill rates you will see the rates calculate through. However, entering specific rates are not required within your customer job order templates.
- Create a new job
- Select your created custom job order template and see your data populate as created.
Note: If the desire is to create a template that only includes predefined mark-ups and specific rates will be inserted at the time a Job is created, this can be done and rates will calculate at the time the job is created using this template.