Users want a streamlined process for commissions; this achieves efficiency and accuracy when allocating them. When organizations have a large number of jobs and placements, users do not want to configure commissions individually, as this can result in mistakes and taking extra time to ensure commissions were done correctly. In AviontéBOLD, users can define defaults for commissions so that individual configuration is not necessary.
|Change Log Date||Change Log Description|
|7/19/2021||Added overview; wrote a table of contents|
|8/17/2021||Added new articles for commission allocation to the table of contents as links|
Table of Contents:
Setting Up the Commission Allocator role
Setting commissions is controlled by granting the required permission to the role for users who need it.
- Go to Account & Settings > select your user > click Edit Access > search for "comm" > check the box for "Commissions Allocator" > click Save.
Setting Up Commission Types
Avionté allows for an unlimited number of commission types. Follow the steps below to set up:
- Utilities --> Table Editor --> Commission Types
- Enter the commission type in the 'New Type' text box and click 'Add Type'
- Commission Type names can be changed by clicking on the type, and they can be deleted by selecting the check box next to the type and clicking 'Delete Checked Type'
Applying commissions can be done when starting a candidate in the system.
- While on the Talent/Candidates Page, select the Quick Action "Assign Talent."
- Select the Job for which the candidate is to start.
- Once the Assign on Job Aside appears, scroll to the bottom and toggle Commission Allocation from "Off" to "On"
- You can then choose the users who will get a commission, their commission type, and their percentage/amount.
- The commission can be entered as a percentage or dollar amount. Once one is entered, the other is automatically calculated. **Note that the percentage must equal 100.
- Once the commission has been entered, click Assign Talent.
Applying or editing a commission after an applicant has been started on a job can be done in the Hired Details on the Job Details page.
Tracking Commissions (Back Office Commissions Report)
Commissions can be tracked using the Back Office Commissions report located under the Analyze tab. It is important to know that Commission amounts will not appear until after Pay & Bill Processing has been run.
To run the report you will need the associated permission. Go to your user profile (from the main menu, click on your name) > click Edit Access > search for "back" > check the box for "Back Office Commissions."
To run the report:
- Go to Analyze Tab > Reports > click Operational Reports > Back Office Commissions Report
- Using the Filter Icon, select your parameters (Division, Region, Office, HCM User, Date Range)
- Results will display by week ending date and commission type, giving you the exact total commission amount by the week.