If you have a new employee that needs to be added to the AviontéBOLD system, this article will assist you. You can navigate from the Account & Settings menu to User Accounts and set up new users to get them in the system and recruiting.
This article outlines setting up a new user, as well as configuring their permissions. Use the links below to jump to a specific section as needed:
Creating a New User
- Account & Settings menu > Utilities > User Accounts
- Click the button on the top right that says Create New HCM User
- The fill out the information regarding the new users.
- User Type - Select a User Type his will reflect the access of the user. Learn more about setting up user types here. You may also alter this user's permissions individually using the instructions in the Configuring User Access & Permissions section
- Home Office - Select the office in which this user works. This will be the default office for this user.
- Office Access - Check off all Offices to which this user should have access. If an office is not selected here, the user will not be able to see records from any offices which are not selected.
Note: Users' office visibility will only be restricted if the User access is configured accordingly. Office Access must be selected in their Access setup in order to restrict visibility to other offices.
- Welcome Email - Set this to Send if you want to send an email to this new user once you click Create. If you would rather send the user their credentials at a different time, set this to Don't Send.
- Click Create and your new user will be sent their login credentials
- Keep in mind that if the new user does not see the email in their inbox, have them check their spam folder. The welcome email is sent from email@example.com
Once the user is created, their name will appear in the User Accounts list.
Editing Existing Users
To edit an existing user profile, go to Utilities > User Accounts > Edit Profile. The user profile allows you to edit the following:
- Email address
- User time zone
- User status (Administrators can use this to deactivate users in Avionté)
- Home Office
- Address (Country, City, State, Address, Zip)
- Phone number
- Click to dial options
- Email notifications:
- Receive Applicant Emails: None, For all jobs, Only for my jobs
- Receive New, Filled, Converted, Extended and Terminated Job Emails: None, For all jobs, Only for my jobs
Configuring User Access & Permissions
Now that the user is created, they will be able to create a password and log in to AviontéBOLD. However, administrators will want to also take some time to configure their user settings. As an administrator, you have the ability to grant access levels to your organization’s users. Below is a guide to editing the user profile and access level permissions. Please note that not all options may be available to you. Certain features are dependent on the product you are using.
To alter a single user's permissions:
- In the User Accounts list (Account & Settings menu > Utilities > User Accounts)
- Click Edit Access next to the username for which you need to alter permissions
- Check or uncheck boxes in the permissions list. If the box is checked, the user will have permission to that action or feature. Use the chart below to learn more about the available permissions.
- Click Save.
- Req Center: Ability to search and create jobs
- Time & Attend: (*Back office) Approve timesheets, access to batch hours, timesheet reports, and all other back office reports
- Back Office: (*Back office) Approve timesheets, access to batch hours, timesheet reports, and all other back office reports
- Documents: Access the documents tab
- Tasks: Tasks tab and assigning tasks – (Applicant/Talent tasks, Company tasks, Opportunities, Hotlist)
- Resource: Ability to search by rep
- Homepage/Dashboard: Homepage tab and all widgets
- Utilities Manager: Ability to edit user access & Utilities tab (User accounts, Table editor, Careers Pages Edit (Job board editor), System E-mail settings, Record archive, Template editor, Logo Editor)
- Reports: Reports tab access to back office reports (pay and bill overview)
- Table Editor: Access to table editor and drop down menus
- Template Editor: Access to Template Editor and all of the templates within it
- Email Add Ins: Access to add in buttons in outlook (import applicant/talent, create contact, create a job order, sync email and view profile)
- Email Sync: Access to email sync via Gmail or Outlook i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume Eater: Ability to parse resumes using email@example.com
- Auto Email Sync: Access to automatic email sync via your company email provider settings
- User Groups: Ability to create and edit user groups
- Extract Search to Excel: Ability to extract Job, Applicant, & CRM searches to excel
- Avionté BI: Access to Avionté BI reporting tool
- Call List: Ability to create call list within the applicant search
- Spotlight Search: Ability to use the Spotlight job board search (Paid feature)
- Company/contact merge: Ability to merge duplicate companies and contacts
- App Tracking: Access to applicant tracking tab and search functionality
- Company Manager: Access to company manager tab and search functionality
- Document Manager: Access to view documents on the applicant/talent, company, or job pages
- Finance Admin: Ability to edit job details (pay, bill, contract start/end date), edit hire details, edit threshold (job search)
- Recruit Manager: Ability to view all recruit stats and other recruiters from drop down menus
- Sales Manager: Ability to view all sales stats and other sales from drop down menus
- Sales Admin: Ability to view Companies marked as 'private'
- Commission Allocator: Ability to edit/assign commissions
- Email Settings: Email settings in Utilities (Turn on Google Domain) or create a Thank You email for web apply response, Unsubscribe e-mail feature
- Unlock Filled Req Lists: Ability to view filled and completed jobs
- Timesheet Approver: Can approve timesheets on behalf of hiring managers
- Video Interview: Ability to create Video Interviews
- Applicant/Talent Print: Access to print an applicant’s/talent profile
- Applicant/Talent Importer: Mass upload applicants/talent via CSV
- Merge Applicants/Talent: Ability to merge duplicate applicants/talent in an applicant search
- Job Posting: Ability to post jobs
- Delete Access: Ability to delete Entries:
- Delete / Edit Own: The user can only delete their own entries
- Sub Vendor Contacts
- Delete / Edit Admin: The user can delete any entries
- Sub Vendors
- Sub Vendors Contact
- Delete / Edit Own: The user can only delete their own entries
- Custom SMTP Settings: Send emails from your company email address
- Recruit Stats: View recruiting stats on Homepage and Dashboard
- Candidate Processing: Reporting on candidate’s interview stages
- EEO: Equal Employment Opportunity Report
- Daily Consultant: Daily report on consultants and their hours worked and wages earned
- Consultant Spend: Weekly report on consultants hours worked, expenses, burden, and GP
- Active Consultant: Report on reqs with active contractors
- Sales Performance: Weekly report on contractors associated by sales rep
- Recruit Performance: Weekly report on contractors associated by recruiter rep
- Other Performance: Weekly report on contractors associated by (biz dev or lead gen, other)
- Sales Stats: View sales stats on homepage and dashboard
- KPI: Key Performance Indicator report based on all open reqs and the nomination stages
- Applicant/Talent Marketing: Report on number of applicants/talent and where they appeared from
- Snapshot: Quick report on all job orders
- Sales Activities: Report on sales calls/emails with clients
- Consultant Markup: Report on all applicants/talent and the markup cost to the client
- Purchase Order: Report on all open purchase orders
- Consultant Forecast: Forecast report on total rev, cost of service and GP per consultant
- Job Board Forecast: Report on open jobs and potential revenue
- Candidate Contact Details: Report on the candidates contact information
- Opportunities: Report on new leads
- Hiring Stats: Report on closes by representatives
- Recruit Tasks: Report on all recruiting tasks
- Sales Tasks: Report on all sales tasks
- Hotlist Reports: Report on hot list and applicants/talent associated with them
- Client Contact Report: Report on clients contact details
- Declined Report: Report on all declined candidates
- Manager Processing: Report on manager and candidates in process with them
- Category Report: Report on specific positions categories
- Job Board Insight: Configurable report on job board details and talent data
- Latest Candidate Stage: Report on latest pipeline and nominate stages
- Applicant/Talent Stages: Ability to view the chart on the Dashboard tab
- Applicant/Talent Sources: Ability to view the chart on the Dashboard tab
- Candidate Submittals: Ability to view the chart on the Dashboard tab
- New Orders by Sales Rep: Ability to view the chart on the Dashboard tab
- Sales Performance: Ability to view the chart on the Dashboard tab
- Recruit Performance: Ability to view the chart on the Dashboard tab
- Restrict access to Talent by office: Only allow user to see Talent records based on the Office Access configured in their User Profile.
Example: If a user does not have the Minneapolis Office selected in the Office Access drop-down list, they will not be able to see Talent whose Home Office is set to Minneapolis.
- Restrict access to Companies by office: Only allow user to see Company records based on the Office Access configured in their User Profile.
Example: If a user does not have the Minneapolis Office selected in the Office Access drop-down list, they will not be able to see Companies whose Home Office is set to Minneapolis.
BOLD Users – Linking FO and BO users
If a client user in BOLD is a user for both the front office and back office, then those user accounts need to be linked to ensure correct client billing each month. This will prevent the client from being billed for duplicate user accounts.
Please note, if the user is only a front office user, and does not log into back office, then this does not apply. Likewise, if the user only logs into back office, but not front office, then this does not apply. The process described below is required only if the user exists in both front office and back office.
To link accounts, log into Avionte Bold Back Office.
Navigate to Admin Tools > Employer.
Go to User, then click on Add/Edit.
Search for user by User Name, then select user by clicking on user name.
Under Contact Method for the user enter in:
Type = Bold Username
Value = Bold front office username (email address used to log in)
Click to Save.
This action should be completed on each user that is added to Avionte that logs into both front office and back office.
Additionally, if the front office log in changes (ie the email address changes) then the value needs to be updated in back office.
Reactivating Inactive Users
Update - October 2020
If someone is removed from the system, you can add them back in. This allows you to avoid a call to support to reactivate the user.
Old Warning Message When Setting A User As "Inactive"
Setting HCM User Back To Active
Users with Utility Access can set HCM users back to Active Status